Consider this my presidential state of the union address.
The state of television right now is …
But that’s all about to change.
It’s been a long winter.
A LONG winter.
Better Call Saul, and the premiere of Jordan Peele’s new communist show Hunters premieres in the coming days. … And so does the catastrophic train wreck that has come to be known as The Walking Dead.
Also, Kidding is currently airing it’s second season and I didn’t even realize!
Hopefully things will be looking up.
I need to start making more of these posts. SO consider this the first, of many updates to come.
What have we been watching during this shit winter?
- Watchmen: Phenomenal
- Star Trek – Picard: Love it. Love it. Love it.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (season 10): Great. Just great. As usual.
- Homeland (season 8): Off to a great start to it’s last season
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (season 3): Good. Not as powerful as the first two seasons but still compelling.
- The Witcher: Good
- BoJack Horseman (season 5): The final season was just okay. The series finale was a bit of a letdown.
- The Good Place (season 4): Again, just okay, and the finale felt anticlimatic.
- Servant: M. Night Shymalan’s show. Mostly garbage. Some interesting characters and scenes save it from being utter trash.
- Sanditon: A lackluster Downton Abbey knockoff, that’s passable.
- Shrill (season 2): Okay
- You (season 2): It’s. Addictive. Terrible. But, addictive and entertaining.
- For All Mankind: .. Why do I keep torturing myself with anything to do with Ronald Moore?
- McMillions: I’m bored, but it’s watchable
- Avenue 5: Why was this show even made?
- High Fidelity: Barely tolerable
- The Outsider: Nauseatingly terrible
- Dracula: The absolute god damn worst abomination of a show
And there you have it.
The state of TV right now is shit. But getting better.
Hopefully this lull in quality television will end soon.
As it is, I am living week to week to watch Star Trek – Picard.